Jack Dempsey

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
No, no new fish yet... still deciding on what I want... It'll probably be a huge surprise to everyone when I finally pick! I'll keep you posted!

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
Could a Green Terror and Oscar live together peacefully? What do you think about that combo? Personality and Beauty.....

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I think my plan is to try and get an EBJD (male) and Regular JD (female) and if they pair, I will 99% consider breeding to sell. My LFS who has the EBJD told me his supplier is in California! Imagine his savings (and my benefit) if he bought them from me at even $10 each..... BTW he sells them for $45!!!!!
sorry to burst your bubble, but you won't get any EBJD's out of that pair. you will get 100% Blue Gene JD's though. you can potentially sell those as breeders and also keep a few for yourself. breed one of the female offspring back to the dad to get 1/2 BG and 1/2 EB. it won't leave you with exactly that many EB fry though - being sensitive when young they die much easier than their standard-looking brothers and sisters. or breed two of the offspring together to get 25% standard, 50% BG, and 25% EB.

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
uggg.... Biology probability and eye color charts.... Having high school flashbacks.

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
yeah you are right, that is what I read.... It is so confusing....... very interesting though!

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
Heres waht I would do...
1 EBJD
1 Type of Severum
a silverdollar or congo tetra shoal
a syndontis cat
This would make a nice EBJD community.

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
Every time I go to the pet store, the Albino Tiger Oscar catches my eye. And I know they have a lot of personality. I have done research, and I believe I could only put one into my 75 Gallon Tank, correct? I also already have a beautiful synodontis decorus catfish that I will be keeping.

Ideally, however, I would like to do 2 Oscars and the 1 Catfish, but is this overstocking? Thanks!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Heres waht I would do...
1 EBJD
1 Type of Severum
a silverdollar or congo tetra shoal
a syndontis cat
This would make a nice EBJD community.
not in a 75 silver dollar shoal would be too much bioload.

jri4

AC Members
May 15, 2008
I traded in my 7 African Cichlids and the Synodontis Decorus Catfish for a Pleco and Albino Tiger Oscar. I wanted a 'Wet Pet' and it doesn't get any better than the river dog itself! He is great, about 2.5" and quite lively. Maybe pictures will be posted soon... Thanks for all the help!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store