Java Moss for you- returning the favor.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mvigor

Aquarium Hobbyist
Mar 24, 2005
Lunchlady land
www.vigorfamily.com
I sent out four envelopes with starter clumps of Java Moss this morning. I ended up putting two stamps on the envelopes because I wanted them to go out with the morning mail and I didn't have time to stop and weigh them.

It was actually pretty easy to do so I think I'll start a new thread and do this again in a few weeks.

Camcorder- PM me your address. :bday:

Lazersniper

AC Members
Mar 9, 2004
WI
Visit site
I'd like some too. My water is so hard I think it's the only thing that will grow in my tanks. Too bad there isn't any around here. I'd like some for my guppy breeding tanks. If there's anything left please let me know I'll gladly take some.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I haven't had a chance to look at my tank in the light to see how much I have left--I've just been pulling it out and bagging it up before the lights come on, and then being gone the rest of the day. I should be able to get a closer look at it soon, and I'll let you know.

FWIW--I probably have enough to still share. I just want to check before promising. And, fair warning--I'm TRYING to be speedy about shipping it out, but sometimes that effort isn't successful. The first batch did go out, but the second round won't go until this afternoon. My apologies to Marala and NatClanWY--it really will go out!

Marala

Where's Nemo?
May 2, 2005
College Station, TX
OrionGirl said:
The first batch did go out, but the second round won't go until this afternoon. My apologies to Marala and NatClanWY--it really will go out!

No problem! What is the best way to attatch it to driftwood? I have heard of tying it down with thread, does that work, and if so how large do you make each section?

kveeti

Easily amused
Jun 12, 2002
Winnipeg, MB
Marala said:
No problem! What is the best way to attatch it to driftwood? I have heard of tying it down with thread, does that work, and if so how large do you make each section?
I always found my thread wore (disintegrated/broke?) off before it was attached. I like using very thin fishing line, it's invisible and gets covered up pretty quickly. Just lay out the strands on whatever size area you want. I found this piece of info, which I have found is true: the thinner this is spread over rocks and driftwood, the better it will root itself and the prettier and healthier it will look as it grows

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
just got my java. THANKS ALOT!...gave me more then i imagined!

Right now im tieing it to a rock, and putting it in a cup and a light right over it. Will this make it grow fast?

Thanks
-Q

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I'd feed it a bit--just scoop up some of the goop from the bottom of the tank, or scrape off some from a sponge filter. A little bit of ammonia goes a long way, but you don't want it to starve.

DD--I don't know if goldies would try eating it or not. I've never had a problem with any of my animals eating it--I keep it in my frog tank, as well as on drift wood in a few other setups. I do know it will do well in cooler temps--the frgo tank is usually about 68-72. Let me know if you want some--I do have enough to keep sharing.

If you've already PM'd your address to me, I will get some sent out before the end of the week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store