JBJ nanocube lights on timer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Paccula

AC Members
Dec 14, 2004
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi all,
I'm wondering about the JBJ nanocube, if it's possible to totally automate all the lights (have CFs and moon lights come on alternately and independently with timers). The system is hooked up so all the lights have two cords which hook up to a German ballast. To turn on the moonlights one turns off the CFs via a switch on the ballast, and turns on the moonlights via a switch on top of the tank... So far the best solution I can come up with is to have all lights on a timer for the day time, and at night when I want to see with the moonlights, disconect the light ballast from the timer and manually turn on and off the moonlights then hook the whole deal back up again... big pain in the butt. Idealy I would also like for one CF to come on and off at a time so it's not such a jolt in the morning, but I don't even know if that's possible to do. Any suggestions??

speedykeys

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
I have my ballast plugged into a timer and the lunar lights stay on all the time. Its been working great like this for over 2 years now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store