jewel is crazy what should i do

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Buscamares

AC Members
Jun 24, 2007
heh i had a jewel in one of my tanks that was doing the same thing . the fish learned to jump from tank to tank. out of the tank into the filter out of the filter into the next tank. my electric blue jack Dempsey was the object of its attention. it was a juvenile at the time (the jd just about lost a eye. its currently blind in one eye thanks to the jewel) the tanks where 6 to 8 inch apart, imagine my surprise when i watched the jewel pull off a tank Houdini 3 times in a row!!!! needless to say the jewels next tank trip was to my red devil tank 9 of them. (Amphilophus (Cichlasoma) labiatus Not Midas) so keep a eye on it it just might decide to leave the tank, some of them are smarter then normal. the male will develop really amazing reds and a bright red jaw,the female will be a darker brown not as vibrant, go to the lfs where ya got yer jewel and look at the others. you will be able to see a difference.

slowmo115

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
wow thats funney yeah im not sure i think its a female no red on the jaw thanks for all ur help

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store