Jpappy789's 20L college tank "build"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
well, from what I have heard you do not want to use excel with Vals; they melt, altho I have not tried it myself. I have recently switched to black eco-complete and I LOVE the look. It really makes the fish "pop" and it hides/uses all the poop. What more can you ask for? LOL

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Haha.

I did low doses of excel and my vals thrived. I had a a new runner every couple of weeks. But I am starting to dislike vals anyways...not sure why though. I threw the rest of mine in the 55 and they're doing ok but for some reason they seem to take away from a planted tank. Odd...

Thanks for the tip on the eco complete. I'll have to look into it as I have not seen it sold at my LFS's lately but I probably just wasn't looking. Anyone else want to chip in?

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
good luck pap, sounds like a cool tank :thumbsup: :D

shwank005

Mmmbeer
Feb 20, 2009
Morgan Hill, CA
What you can fit in a space is all about your priorities, and a little bit of inginueity...

In my first apartment, I slept on top of my lizard cage.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
What you can fit in a space is all about your priorities, and a little bit of inginueity...

In my first apartment, I slept on top of my lizard cage.

:lol:

I hoping to have a bed. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store