Jpappy's CP setups

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Most people, if not all, put them in sealed plastic bags. So the moisture never leaves and you just forget about them.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh ok thats a smart idea. See cuz 2 yrs ago when I got my VFT I didnt know when to put it in there and well it died before I did which was around christmas time.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
Not going into dormancy doesn't kill it right away. It will just get exhausted and then goes to sleep forever.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Unfortunately I think I'm in the beginning of a mealy bug infestation. I QTed a few different plants that were infected and went with the alcohol swabs at first. Thought I caught it in the main collection but so far I haven't seen a big outbreak. I'm hoping that doesn't mean they're all hiding below the surface...next sign of them and they'll be getting a taste of some insecticide!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Cool thread, neat plants!

Have always wanted to give carnivorous plants a try. Always decided that I have enough interests that keep me busy w/o addin' another one that I won't be 100% committed to. Enjoyed livin' vicariously through yer thread!

WYite

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Cool thread, neat plants!

Have always wanted to give carnivorous plants a try. Always decided that I have enough interests that keep me busy w/o addin' another one that I won't be 100% committed to. Enjoyed livin' vicariously through yer thread!

WYite
Grow 'em outdoors in the ground!

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Grow 'em outdoors in the ground!
LOL, never spent much time in Wyoming, I take it?

We have four unique seasons: road construction season during May and June, rodeo season from June to August, hunting season from August thru October, and winter from November to April. None of 'em are especially wet. The first half of road construction season, all of hunting season, and all of winter are cold to freezin', and growin' anything acclimated to less than a sub-arctic climate outdoors is nigh impossible at the best of times. :D

Alright, a bit of exaggeration there. It IS dry with freezing weather possible during any month. I've seen it snow enough to leave snow on the ground every month except July, and have seen it snow in the middle of a thunderstorm in May. This wasn't at higher elevations, that was right here in Cheyenne. Average annual precipitation is only 'round 12", IIRC. Seriously, I'd love to be able to grow a greater variety of things outdoors, but the climate here just isn't conducive.

WYite

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Drosera species are native all the way into Labrador, and Sarracenia purpurea is present by introduction in whichever province of Canada you might encounter by heading due north of your position. Dry would be a problem but cold wouldn't.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store