Jungle Products "Name that fish" contest.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

unclefahaka

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
Sugar land, Tx
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :dance: :laugh: :laugh: :cool:

I got home today and had a big brown box full of stuff from jungle. I was thinking that this was odd. I entered their name this fish contest of something.. Anyway, I saw that some little boy named the fish trooper, and thought ok I lost..oh well..lol... Anyway, inside the box included a shirt, a tote, and a years worth of beta food and beta water clear fizzies. I read the leader. I got runner up.. I never win anything..lol... I think it was a kids contest...I'm a 21 year old Hardcore metal bass player for the band Jameson...

It amuses me greatly. The name I pitched was Springy McKenzie... lol....
Anyway, funny side story..

Oh wait, I don't even have a beta..lol..
Heres a list of my named fish at home

Green Chromis- Spike
Blue Damsel- Ol' Blue (blues my boy)
Lemon Damsel- Leighmon
Fahaka Pufferfish- Uncle (hence my name..lol)
GSP- Squishy
GSP- Piggie
White water dox(axotol)- Scuba Steve
anyway, Just some general chit chat.

Justin

Lila

Boston!
Oct 9, 2002
MI, USA
That's pretty cool, Uncle fahaka...I'll have to think of a nickname for ya.

Nothing wrong with winning things like that. Now go out and get a betta and call him Yngwie (Did I spell that right?). Or Reznor. Or Satch. Or Zombie. You get the idea!

;)

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
Quite frankly, I think you were hosed - Springy McKenzie is a hell of a lot better name than trooper!

unclefahaka

AC Members
Feb 4, 2005
Sugar land, Tx
:-D
I think i was robbed too.Trooper is lamer than FDR's leg. I bet the kid's mother wrote it. Trooper is a horrible name for a betta... Trooper is a good name for like.. A Helmet Boxfish, or a boston terrier(dog)

Springy Mckenzie is a kickbutt name...lol.. I wish they mentioned the runner up. I did get a hand written note saying thanks..heh heh, anyway.

We should bomb them with emails saying to use springy.
lol

Justin

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle

I think Springy McKinzie would have been better, too!
Trooper is a good name for John Wayne in "The Quiet Man"...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store