Junk Products

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
Pitpatif - welcome to the fourms... but I may suggest not to revive a thread after being dead nearly 4 years. A lot of people tend to respond to other things that have been said along time ago not even realizing that those folks are no longer wathing the thread or perhaps havent even been around for years lol. I bet you may not have even realized, but do check the dates especially when you finding info using the search feature :)

Threads like this are sure to start some heated arguments though :eek:

Last edited:

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
So

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Presumably, this excessively verbose post is a query as to why Slappy's comment of this being an ancient thread is pertinent. In the years since the post was created, some of the products could have been discontinued, modified to correct suboptimal performance, or newer and worse products could have been introduced. In the interest of keeping the thread's content current, if you really want such a thread, start a new one.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I thought it was resurrected just to make me feel old.

I miss Mikey. He was a good kid.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
actually, I found that bringing this thread back brought up some of the changes we have seen.

bio-spira(now renamed or other newer more shelf stable products are in play) and other bacteria additives as being 'junk'
education has changed how some feel about these products and advised of how they work we find that they do work reasonably well given their limitations.

GraphicGr8s

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Tampa, FL
Real Name
George
Star_Rider I have to agree with you here. Sometimes it's good to look back and see what worked. And didn't. For example, in a few of my tanks I am still running Supreme Aquamasters and Aquakings. 30+ years and they still are going. Too bad Danner stopped making them. Now I am sure others here feel different about them but the truth is they are still going where some of the other latest, greatest, hi tech filters I've used aren't.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store