just a suggestion

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
T

TnCgal

Wow... this is really ironic that this thread has come up when it did because I will be making an announcement later this week about a new magazine article-based project I have been working on that involves articles taken from Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine. This project will be taking place in the General FW forum and I know you all will help make it a success !

Stay tuned, because I promise you that anyone serious about the hobby will love the new feature I am working on. There will be some serious learning potential here ! :)

As a commentary : I "will" tell you that I have researched the various magazines for this project, and by far Tropical Fish Hobbyist publication is heads above most other fish mags in terms of content and quality. One look at the December issue and I was totally blown away, and the January issue blows the December one away even !

I will announce the new feature later this week so stay tuned !

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOVE IT !!!! :D

Anton Wernher

AC Members
Feb 24, 2002
NC
Wow TnC you've surely got my attention.. should I start subcribing to this mag now? btw any more projects you got up your sleeve? :p

Darkangel,
I couldn't agree more. Just pointing out that just because something is in print doesn't make it right. I have seen a lot of bad advice in magazines the past couple of years.

T

TnCgal

Anton,
LOL ! I would highly recommend that magazine even if I didn't have any tricks up my sleeve ! ;) It is SO worth the information. TFH seems to be on the cutting edge of a lot of new ideas and they bring a whole new approach to fish-keeping and have a lot of the same philosophies as AquariaCentral.

Jiggerpole,
Yes that book was written by my friend and Editor of TFH magazine David Boruchowitz. It's very uncommon to see the Editor of a publication so hands-on and personally involved in the hobby as he is. He has earned the respect of many fish-keeping experts over the years as being totally dedicated to bringing information and new ideas out to the forefront ! Thanks for mentioning that title... it's a good one !

OK no more hints ! :cool:

B

BigFishDude

David Boruchowitz is the editor of TFH again? I'm glad because when I stopped reading TFH that Mary Sweeney was Editor. She was one of the main reason I stopped buying it. She totally butchered that mag.

T

TnCgal

Yes, he is. Check it out for January, you might be surprised. They have started a few new features and columns with the same awesome content ! It's really an awesome read. They don't just report about fish-keeping, they experiment with it and bring brand new, cutting-edge information to the forefront. They are head's above the competition, IMO.

Twilight

AC Members
Sep 9, 2002
Born in the USA
Now why would anyone go out and buy a fish magazine or book when they have this great place to find out all they want to know? You can just read all the forum topics here without even asking anything and still learn a lot. But a book or magazine would make a great stockin' stuffer or gift!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store