Just got a dwarf gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

swinneyw

AC Members
Feb 1, 2008
i always drop a shrimp pellet in at feeding time it takes a while for the pellet to get eaten and always seems to get enough

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
Gourami are top water feeders. So if you feed him betta pellets he wil be the only one dining at first. Also every once in a while I fed mine freeze dried blood worms which float. But mostly the betta pellets or flakes. They are shy to noises yes. I don't know how prone they are but I always have some type of cover on my tanks because I have had fish jump before.

Drunken lots of people get dwarf gourami because they are pretty. Very colorful for a freshwater fish. At least non Cichlid freshwater fish. Plus they are very common at fish stores.

newfishkeepper

AC Members
Dec 2, 2009
Dwarfs are shy at first but once they establish a terratory will be very active in defending it. if you have trouble feeding it try either boiled vegtables such as peas and cucumber or floating flakes, both of these have worked for me in the past.

i havnt had a dwarf jump but if your worried maybe get a cover glass from a glaizer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store