Just installed Eheim Classic 2213

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lake_tuna

AC Members
Dec 14, 2009
So, I just finished setting up an Eheim Classic 2213 for my fish tank, and it is running now. are there anythings that a first-time canister filter user should watch out for in the first few days of running one?

I think I made all of the connections correctly, but I'm just a bit worried that the direct "tube-to-plastic" (where you cut the rubbery tubing and connect the hard plastic pieces) connections might come off or something. I forced them in as much as I could slightly beyond the second carved out ring on the plastic pieces.

What a disaster it would be if one of these connections popped. Any advice? TIA!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Mine have also never leaked but you can always purchase the appropriate size hose clamps (worm drive style) and use them to secure the hose to pipe. Just don't over tighten them or you may crack the plastic.

Narwhal72

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I agree with dudley. I have a 2215 that I have been running for 5 years and before that I had a 2013 that had been running for 10+ years. The tubing gets brittle over time and will slip off the hose barb when you are moving the filter (like to go clean it). Replacing the plastic retainer rings with real stainless steel worm drive clamps will keep the tubing from coming apart.

Andy

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
next time try warming the ends of the tubing up by running them under warm/hot tap water..the hoses bwecome more pliable and easier to work with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store