Just joined, so here's pics of my tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DaScotty

AC Members
Apr 6, 2020
Beautiful tank! Nice size too, one of my favorites!

I think val amaricana, bolbitis, anubias, java fern, crinum..... maybe tiger lotus.....would all withstand the BA tetra munchies. Stems, not so much.
Thanks! I'm thinking of getting some of the Vallisneria Americana. I could use a good tall background plant for the middle-left side of the tank.

-Scott

Reactions: angelcraze

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Thanks! I'm thinking of getting some of the Vallisneria Americana. I could use a good tall background plant for the middle-left side of the tank.

-Scott
Yes, I use val for my tall large tanks in the background. No joke, my val rubra leaves have grown 5 feet long! I trim them once they grow too long. They really take off when they hit the surface, so I wait for them to bend over a bit (drape the surface) before I trim them, but they've been fine. If I let them keep growing, they will canopy the whole surface and block light.

FYI, here's a pic of the val in my 90g

20200203_160526.jpg

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Yes, I use val for my tall large tanks in the background. No joke, my val rubra leaves have grown 5 feet long! I trim them once they grow too long. They really take off when they hit the surface, so I wait for them to bend over a bit (drape the surface) before I trim them, but they've been fine. If I let them keep growing, they will canopy the whole surface and block light.

FYI, here's a pic of the val in my 90g

View attachment 225899
I wish mine would grow. :( Is it feeding time in that tank?

• Haha

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
They are always begging for food lol!

Like I said, they take a while to get going, but once they reach the surface, they explode.
haha. Mine glass surf so assumed they were already eating. But the do beg! lol

Try not growing at all. In 3 months!

• Wow

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Tx, yes I have lots of pics, I was pic crazy for a bit. Maybe I should make a pic thread? Just a bunch of pics haha!
When you do it tag me!

DaScotty

AC Members
Apr 6, 2020
Meanwhile, I ordered some fish and snails for my 75g from Aquatic Arts, they arrived yesterday. I set up my 20g long and 10g quarantine tanks. They're looking great so far.

I ordered:
3 Black Devil Spike Snails
3 Japanese Trapdoor Snails
2 Mystery Snails
1 Spotted Leporinus
3 Bolivian Rams
3 Valentine Zebra Catfish (not pictured, 1 was DOA)

IMG_5520.jpegIMG_5521.jpegIMG_5523.jpegIMG_5524.jpegIMG_5525.jpegIMG_5529.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store