just saying hi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

b rob

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
pittsburgh
hey I'm rob, I'm 21 from pittsburgh. but enough chit chat. I'm a newbie to all this. I'm starting pretty simple. I'm gettin a 10 gallon tank. I want it decorated w/ live plants, maybe some driftwood, and a male betta. I have a "school" (weak joke, sorry... seriously.) of questions for anyone thats willing to answer them. If you want I'm not too hard to find on aol IM - snooprobbyrob729, or my email works too, but I don't check all that often.

thanks and I hope to hear from y'all

b rob

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
pittsburgh
I dunno, I've read alot about the process of first getting the tank, letting all the nitrites turning into nitrates blah blah, and I don't say blah blah cuz it's not important, I just don't feel like explaining the whole thing, and then adding he fish. if that's cycling then yes, I know a little bit about it. I'll know more after doing it. I also know I have to change the water in small increments. What I havfn't found any info on is can I start my plants while I'm settin up the water? I also wanna toss in some drift wood, can that be done while all that's going on as well?

b rob

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
pittsburgh
here's some pics of what I got going on. It's not much buit it's a start.

only6foot6

AC Members
Do you have a glass top?

I don't understand why the glass is sticking out over the tank like it is. If you do not have one, I would get one before that light falls in the tank.

Your neons could end up toasty!! :sad:

b rob

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
pittsburgh
haha, I had a glass top... and then one day during a wc I put it on the floor... and my dumb *** stepped on it, broke both panels... sigh... but I have them like that so that the light doesn't fall in. I'm gunna try to fabricate something, to where I can add on another light, and have a hole for the filter and heater, ect. we'll see what happens...

any suggestions as to what else miught look nice, other plants, or any kind of decor... my right side is looking pretty boring

only6foot6

AC Members
LOL!!!

Besides a new glass top, perhaps some rocks. It looks like you are off to a good start.

Welcome to the addicting hobby!!!

b rob

AC Members
Dec 17, 2006
pittsburgh
yeah, I might stack some slate or something, we'll see. but I'll keep you posted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store