Juvenile GBR chasing peaceful fish in 29 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
Hi all, I have a 29 gallon community tank with Rosy Tipped tetras, cherry barbs, cardinal tetras, and black neons. I added a GBR to the tank and now the GBR is constantly chasing all of the fish, even the bigger rosy tipped tetras. No fin damage but it's very upsetting that the other fish are getting chased. Should I rehome or return him? I do have a 40 gallon breeder I could put him in, but there are Bolivian rams, ottos, and corys in that tank. I really don't want to add him to that tank since there are Bolivians in there. Any advice would be appreciated.

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
How long has the GBR been in the tank? It may just be trying to find its place in the tank if it's a new inhabitant. GBRs can be feisty, and have lots of attitude when they want to. If you had another GBR in there, they'd be chasing each other and would probably leave the other fish alone, for the most part.

iheartbettas

AC Members
Sep 9, 2010
Detroit Metro area, Michigan
Real Name
Bernie
it's been in there about a month or so. he or she is a great fish. whenever he or she isn't chasing another fish, it's exploring the tank and plants, etc. I guess I'll wait another few weeks and make a decision.

thrak76

AC Members
May 31, 2009
it's been in there about a month or so. he or she is a great fish. whenever he or she isn't chasing another fish, it's exploring the tank and plants, etc. I guess I'll wait another few weeks and make a decision.
I'd pick up another 1 or 2 GBRs. Sounds like you probably have the room in a 29g with only tetras (and cherry barbs) in it. They'll amuse themselves and put on a great show for you at the same time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store