Keeping and Breeding Dwarf Puffers????? Help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
before my male died he was spawning with my female all the time, she likes a depression in the gravel down to the bottom and would lay there to copulate then run in to the moss to lay eggs,.. but unfortunately the eggs were probably eaten by the snails.. as i have tons of them even in the puffer tanks..

Sweetheart

AC Members
May 31, 2008
MS
Lol it is okay. Okay tell me if I am right. I have to have alot of java moss in the tank and the temperature set to 80 for them to breed. 2 females for every male, and 2 or 3 gallons per dwarf. Clean the tank 25 percent once every week. Feed them flake or bloodworms once a day. Am I right???

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
50% each week is basic, they need clean water, but will doo if nitrates are low, they are messy not like you can see but the kinda squish the juicy stuff out of live things and it turns water kinda nasty.. i would only have 1 male if more than all you will have is fighting each other, my male had 4 females and he picked his queen and chased out the others, after he chooses one its best to remove the others cause he will only want that one, at least mine did and he hated the other females so did the female they don't want others around when they have eggs.. so it stresses them out..

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
3-5g/DP. As far as I know, they do not eat flakes. Try worms, FD plankton & mysis shrimp.

Sweetheart

AC Members
May 31, 2008
MS
Because it's something new and because I can take care of them and watch the babies grow to adults.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store