Kenyi Fry...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Are the fish you're referring to as Labidochromis the same as in your profile pic? If so, they look like psuedotropheus zebra ( Red ) to me. I would avoid Kenyi in your 55. They are terrorists, and it took me several tries before I gave up on them completely. In a species dedicated or extremely aggressive tank they're okay, but you list some more peaceful Mbuna in you 55 stocklist.
Also, the fact that you have Barbs isn't so terrible ( others will disagree ), but you should bump their numbers to 6-8 if you expect them to live. 2 will chase and nip each other to death and then start in on anything else they can nip at. Rosies get big, Tigers would be better for your purpose ( which I'm guessing is dither fish? ). Giant Danios work best for this IMO.

Yeah.. the reason i put the barbs in there innitially was to get the labs to come out and play a bit-- they were hiding and not moving around a lot, and I have heard that labs tend to be very cautious fish and as soon as I put the barbs in they felt much more comfortable and active... even the zebras havent touched them

I will put some more barbs in shortly- but I have been surprised how well the species that I have are coinciding.. not even as much as a disagreement so far

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store