Kribensis Breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
I think they are mature but the cave is pretty small and im in the process of making a new one

MickRC

AC Members
Dec 22, 2010
Nebraska
My two male Kribs are about 3 to 3 1/2 inches long each. The two females are about 2 inches right now. I have the females in a different tank for the time being because I'm not ready for them to spawn.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
At that size, They aren't close to being mature. Yet, I know P. taeniatus are still small and have laid eggs 4 times. I would say that your caves are big enough and they have plenty of options for a site to prep. Mine laid eggs on the side of some driftwood the first time that next to a cave. Also, from my reading the ph of your water will affect the sex of the offspring. Under 7 will give more females and over 7 will give more males. Best of luck.

LiL GinGeR

AC Members
Aug 21, 2009
Midlands, England, UK
Real Name
Katie
Not as yet but i just made a vid that ill put up as soon as possible. anyone know if they'll breed when the female is 2" and the male is 2 1/2"?

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Well they're definitely old enough to spawn. It may take some time. What kind of caves do you have in the tank? They are hidden cave spawners so will want a secure cave with preferably one entrance/exit that they can guard and the female can mostly block with her body. Also helps to feed live and frozen foods.

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
I was only seeing that they were both digging. Too me this means that: 1) they are definitely a pair and 2) that they are both getting in the mood. You playing Barry White? What are you feeding at this time and what is your current wc schedule?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store