Kribs Eggs!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Male is first, female is second. I need a better female pic.

DSCF0388.JPG

DSCF0399.JPG

DSCF0388.JPG DSCF0399.JPG

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
My eggs definitely got eaten. I think they may have found a spot that they like better, but the female's belly still looks empty to me. How long will it take her to produce more eggs?

Charlie Greiner

AC Members
Jul 25, 2007
It will take about two weeks before they spawn again. In the meantime position everything as you want it now rather than moving anything once they spawn again. Your intrusion may be interpreted as a threat and they will eat the eggs.

I used clay flowerpots with a chunk broken from the bottom. Set with that opening on the substrate (in other words an upside pot) the fish always opted for that over anything else.

Once they spawn you will need serious patience. The parents will bring the young outside when they are ready. In the meantime keep the tank clean but not spotless. An infusoria growth is a great first food. If your tank is too clean for this I am sure you can cultivate a batch since the weather is still warm enough to do it outside. They only need this food for a week or so than it's time to introduce bbs with the infusoria and wean the fry to only bbs for a month or so.

Charlie

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
sorry for your egg loss. I know how you feel, my kribs are sitting on eggs right now I think. But it took about 3 wks before she fattened up again. Goodluck with yours.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
IME once they start, it's every 3-4 weeks if you leave the babies in. The male gets bored with fatherhood & is ready to go again before the female. So cute to see baby pics, it's been a while.

aj2494

R.I.P. Guys
Jul 31, 2008
Buffalo, New York
My tank will never be too clean for anything. I'm not exactly over aggresive with cleaning. Plus I have a sponge filter that is mature. I just hope they spawn quickly. I egt pretty anxious when I have to wait for something.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice kribs, kribskid.

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
Bear in mind that baby brine shrimp does also have a laxative effect. For fry food, i grind up flake to a fine powder to start with. Then as they get bigger i just dont grind it up so much until they are able to eat with the big fish.

waterwitch

one more can't hurt...
May 28, 2008
PA
www.TooManyTanks.com
I have two pairs of natural kribs, and one breeding pair of albino kribs. Once the babies get big enough to fend for themselves (you'll know - the parents chase them off) they are raised in a grow out tank. I sell to LFS, give to friends or members on my forum. Pip, the female in the picture is my best breeding female. She is always on patrol, and chases the male all over the tank, dancing and showing her colors. She's an excellent breeder, but a terrible nieghbor! The only things I can keep in the tank with them are plecos and snails. She will kill any other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store