Kribs or Bolivans

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
can bolivian rams get along with blue rams? and why not the kribs? are they that mean?
Bolivian rams are fine with blue rams provided they have sufficient number of territories to establish.

Kribs, on the other hand, being very easy to breed, they'll eventually harass other fish as they attempt to defend their fry and territory. I'd rather, like vtx-coley, put them in a tank by themselves with dithers being Congo tetras, Ulrey's tetras, giant danios, and other versatile dithers.

Richled13

AC Members
Mar 6, 2008
What about a pair or trio of kribs in a 29 gallon? With tiger barbs as dither fish? I have some tiger barbs, and I imagine the barbs and kribs wouldn't be able to really hurt each other at all.

At least I'd hope not. If not kribs, then what about a trio of rams? I've also heard that a firemouth would fit, does anyone agree with that?

FL22

Do as I say!
Jan 22, 2007
O-H I-O!
What about a pair or trio of kribs in a 29 gallon? With tiger barbs as dither fish? I have some tiger barbs, and I imagine the barbs and kribs wouldn't be able to really hurt each other at all.

At least I'd hope not. If not kribs, then what about a trio of rams? I've also heard that a firemouth would fit, does anyone agree with that?
He just got rid of his firemouths;)

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
i love my gold rams, he turns blue at night

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
can bolivian rams get along with blue rams? and why not the kribs? are they that mean?

as far as temperament..yes..
they do actually prefer water with slightly different parameters..the Blues prefer water a bit warmer than Bolivians.
but they can co-exist.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Real Name
Ben
the main question could i put them in a 35 hex with eatch other

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008