Kribs vs Rams??????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
They're hardier than the gold or balloon varieties. If you're comparing them with Bolivian rams, they are a different species and do seem to be more robust, especially in hard water.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
They're hardier than the gold or balloon varieties. If you're comparing them with Bolivian rams, they are a different species and do seem to be more robust, especially in hard water.
I agree, but again it has to do more with the source than the individual species IMHO.

noodles62

Just Noods......
Apr 17, 2008
WNC
Real Name
Dawn
I would suggest the kribs - I have never kept them myself, but when I kept corys with my rams, the rams were really bothered by the corys frenzied activity at feeding time and often went without eating cause the corys are such (cute) little piggies. Just my experience and opinion.....

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I would suggest the kribs - I have never kept them myself, but when I kept corys with my rams, the rams were really bothered by the corys frenzied activity at feeding time and often went without eating cause the corys are such (cute) little piggies. Just my experience and opinion.....
Weird.

KuchDaddy

Hu-Mans, listen to me.
Jan 24, 2007
Vienna, VA
Thanks for the input everyone.
So far I am leaning toward the Kribs.
Just they they look cooler, and some folks seem to think they are hardier.

Do you think I could just buy a male/female pair and expect them to be nice to each other, or is it sometimes difficult to find a compatible pair?
If it is difficult, I might just go with a single.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store