Kudos to my local Petsmart employee!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boon4376

AC Members
Aug 30, 2012
Maine
My petco sold me green tiger barbs and cobra guppies at the same time (I'm a newb, i need people to let me know if fish can go together) - one guppy was dead within the hour from being pecked to death. I took them back - there is one really well trained lady there with a TON of experience, however, most of the other fish employees are just hobbiests, with only anecdotal advice.

My walmart is even worse, I went yesterday, the tanks were carpeted with excess food, and 1/2 the fish were dead. It was a disgrace.

Last edited:

shloken38

AC Members
Apr 24, 2012
Both the Petco and Petsmart by my house each have an employee that is experienced in the hobby. I would only speak with those two individuals though. The other employees would probably try to sell me dog food for my fish!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
a girl at my lfs tried selling a guy Nite-Out for high nitrates. when i asked her about it, she got really stupid and frustrated and pointed to the strip and was like "this one is red meaning the nitrates are high. this is what we recommend to fix that!" she didn't take the time to argue with me, she just got flustered and walked off

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store