L-183 attempt... Try two

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
they might.

i don't waste my money on veggie clips and skewers any more. i just use a stainless steel dinner fork and skewer it that way and let it sink. works like a charm and stays where you left it.

if you're worried about ph and can't get peat right away, there's always purchasing r/o water from a local grocery mart or LFS. as well, you could certainly prepare your own wood or get a brick of some high quality coco fiber from a local hydroponics shop and boil some water in that to use as a black water extract.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I also use a fork for my zucchini. I usually cut about a 3" piece, then slice it down the middle with a ridged cutter. Makes plenty of room for more than 1 fish. I usually put in 2 pieces, 1 at either end of the tank, but I am feeding SAEs, sewellia, red ancistrus, among others. There may be minor squabbles, but nothing major. Good luck.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Cool! Ok, so they arrived!!! :D I don't know what happened... But the guy gave me three instead of two! :D :D I've got them in now. I'll try and get the peat today, and post pics later, but these guys are even smaller!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, that's preferable... But it's not looking likely. The earliest I have time to go is Saturday... And I don't think I trus my parents fish judgement enough to find it for me yet lol.
@ authmal, yeah, I'll see which ones cheaper. So y'all don't think they'd fight over just one piece of zucchini?
They may, but the veggie clip was cheap, and I know there are no unsafe protrusions and my wife won't give me that look that something we use to eat was used for the fish tank.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Saw the temp was down in the mid-low 70's, so I added a 2nd heater. It's now holding steady at 80 thank god lol. So far since I put them in, I've only see two at a time... I'll feel much better when I see all three. Also, we were out of zucchini... So I tried some carrot instead. We'll see how they like it. :)

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
They may, but the veggie clip was cheap, and I know there are no (1) unsafe protrusions and my (2) wife won't give me that look that something we use to eat was used for the fish tank.
1) not an issue in the least
2) potentially a very serious issue ... but a 4 pack of forks is extremely cheap and easy to find ... and probably won't match your current dinnerware.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
1) not an issue in the least
2) potentially a very serious issue ... but a 4 pack of forks is extremely cheap and easy to find ... and probably won't match your current dinnerware.
LOL. I'll consider it in the future, but I already have the clip, so.:huh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store