WTB L15 Candy Stripe Pleco pair

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Interested in purchasing a pair of L15 Candy Stripe Plecos, one male one female. Breeding pair would be nice, but any pair will do.

Anyone have any for sale, or have any suggestions on a good place to find these online? Haven't seen them on aquabid.

Thanks in advance!

owenodin

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
bump. no one has any L15s that they could part with?

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
I did check those forums but didn't really see anything there. I supposed I could post an ad there, but I was hoping I could find someone on here!

Doesn't look like anyone here has the L-15s though...

MisaHasTheEyes

AC Members
Nov 21, 2008
I agree; best to get a group rather than a pair. Few people sell guaranteed pairs, and if they do, the price is usually close to what 6 or so would be.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
There are some good sized WC ones on aquabid. I would probably get 6 which means you should get at least a pair out of the group.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?fwcatfishp&1313613604
Thanks Verbal! Appreciate it :)

But... $110 for 3?? Are these fish really that rare? I was hoping to spend closer to half that for 3 of them... maybe that's not possible.

Also, pardon my lack of knowledge on this, but is it an advantage or a disadvantage that they are wild caught?

owenodin

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
It's not necessarily that the fish are rare, but that doesn't mean they're a commonly collected/imported species either. Wild-caught means they're more likely adults, not too often that fry or juvies are imported. Definitely need to be quarantined for a while, but I've bought fish from that seller several times and never had any problems. I presume he treats them for parasites when he receives them.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
Other than ancistrus or clown plecos, I think it will be hard to find many potentially breedable plecos under $20/each shipped. And clown plecos I am not even sure they are very easy to breed.

Stuby

Registered Member
May 20, 2009
snookn21 does a fairly good job of treating his plecs...but you will still want to QT them and maybe retreat them as I have got some that I had to treat. I see he has them at $75 for 3 of them.....not a bad price as far as plecs go really. If you have your hart set on L15 may be the way to go...but you should get at leats 6 to make sure you get a pair as wild plecs come in male heavy. I have some L211's for sale that are close to breeding size for $20 each and I should be able to sex out a pair if you want. They look close to the L15's but have a yellowish/green color to them and are smaller than the L15's....very nice looking Peckoltia sp. If you want I can send you a pic of the adults and the juvies....

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store