L260 Queen Arabesque EGGS!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Chin up Meili.....the hard part is getting them to spawn....and you got that!! Yay!!!! And sometimes the first spawn isn't viable. And maybe you "bumped into them" before "the deed" was done. But they will spawn again, keep doing whatever your doing.....and let us know when you spot the next spawn!!!!! Fingers crossed!

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
Thanks for the consolation Debbi! I'll feel better when I see the next spawn... sob!! Meanwhile, everything else is spawning like crazy. I have baby plecos up the wazoo!! I will continue to be patient and just keep them happy. Maybe.... maybe one day soon, this will work! Hah!

new2tanks

AC Members
Feb 18, 2006
t.o
How are the remaining eggs doing Meili?

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
Not good :( I lost all of them. I did get TONS of moral support from friends and family :cry:

I was told that 1st spawns are usually not successful, but still...... I will continue to be on the lookout now that I'm more aware. Don't worry, if anything else happens, I will post for sure!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Patience and perserverance will carry through. Are you planning to separate the eggs next spawn, or let the male tend them? I suspect they'd do better with dear old dad on watch (if he knows what he's doing.)

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
I'm going to let Dad handle it. I think the fish knows better what he's doing that I do! LOL!! Unless they get kicked out and I absolutely have to do this on my own, my plan is to leave them. Do you know how often they spawn? I checked Shane's World, and I believe it stated once every 5 weeks?

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
That sounds about right for most Hypan's, though if you have more than one female it's harder to keep track of which one spawned when... When you come down to it, they'll do it again when they're ready. Just keep doing what you have been and they'll take care of their end.

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
You guys are all correct... I have another spawn!!! Actually, I didn't even realize, they are not even eggs anymore. They are all wrigglers now. I did have 4 that got kicked out, but 2 were dead already, not sure if the other 2 will make it. They are in a fry saver right now. I can't really see how many more are in the cave. I did see at least 6 more wriggling in there.

I'm soooooo happy!!
:dance:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store