'Lamprologus' ornatipinnis

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks all for the nice comments - basically they are a true shellie and only attain the desired 3 inches that most shellies get but they have an aggressiveness to them which is comical to watch..

They love to jaw lock all the time and i was almost able to photo it but my camera wasn't or should i say i wasn't fast enough to pop the photo..

Hey cam if mine ever breed i will hook you up on some fry.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Tank layout

Layout on the Ornatipinnis setup.. added a couple more pieces of Texas rock and crap load of whale eye shells..

003.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

Wow what one notices with photos ex: look at the heater.. i just bought this.. its one of those heaters from Tetra just plug in and maintains a specific temp and is rated for up to 30gal and current temp maintain is 79F..

But if you look at the first photo at the heater left side of the tank the light is green - i guess this is idle mode..

If you look at the third photo left side of tank heater light is on red - assuming this is working mode.. cool i didn't even realize this feature til now.. hehehe its the little things that excite me :headshake2:

003.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG

Tophat665

Minion of the Scaled Ones.
Jul 13, 2006
NoVa
Those are just about as cute as a bug's ear, Pitt. I'll be real interested to see what they look like when they get up toward full growth.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
yeah me as well man i got a couple of nice shots on them their probably 1 1/2 inch right now and there max is 3 inches would be nice to see them full grown.. time will tell..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I agree chris it was a good score and i was lucky to have found them 50 bucks for the 6 of them..

I found the seller on aquabid and he was local like 25 min away from me so i was able to stop by and pick them up.. his site is called little africa aquatics on aquabid and specializes in wild caught Tangs.. wow did he have some nice tangs i was drooling.. hehehehe..

At any rate these guys are F1 Ornatipinnis pretty much what i was looking for in a new shellie actually i was looking for Meleagris but i think i fared well..

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
those are awsome but i like the design of the melagris a lil better. you should of ordered online if you wanted melagris that bad. nice find tho. oh and what is a violent shell dweller??? cuz i saw a video of these shellies violently attacking the glass bcuz this guy was standing next to it. they would make a good species only tank.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Sorry bro but i never heard of a violent shellie to this day all my shellies dart for the shell when i approach their tank only to venture back out when they know that my arm isnt going to be poken around the substrate.. ahh its just me i can not rationalize shipping costs for fish that are way over popular.. i fringe on what some people do for S/H costs..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store