latest pickup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

andruboz

Senile Member
Jan 6, 2003
texas
home.satx.rr.com
got these 2 today. have seen them grow up at the lfs over the last year or so. finally decided to give them a more interesting life.

herotilapia multispinosa - or rainbow cichlid as the sign said on the lfs tank .

AC profile for Rainbow cichlid

hope i got a pair. the male is supposed to have pointier fins but all the fish in the tank looked like they had been nipping each others point off. so to a certain extent, the entire group looked female. but these two were very different in coloration, and since they were released in my big tank, they've hung together constantly.

a little flat stone in a quiet corner should get me some eggs but with 2 bumble bee cats in the tank, i'm not sure if the parents will be able to guard them while they sleep.

img_1216.jpg

rich

AC Members
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
ive got one of these in a 55 with a few like sized cichlids. its a pretty neat fish, gets along with the others fairly well. it has a funny kind of wobbly way of floating around.

andruboz

Senile Member
Jan 6, 2003
texas
home.satx.rr.com
nice to know they all wobble. i thought mine were drunk.
i described it to a coworker as a kindof 'nemo swim move' only not quite as wiggly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store