LED bulbs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I just got 3, one is flickering like a strobe after about 6 hours on.

smyke

Oct 9, 2007
Connecticut
Real Name
Mike
I havent had that issue, but I did see it mentioned in reviews on Amazon.

I am dying to know if they really use Cree LEDs and whether the specs they list are true, since according to one reviewer its a chinese product and they are not affiliated with Cree. :confused:

2rivers

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
NH
Real Name
Brandon
Moss & Rotala love LEDs. Crypt.s too. Anubias gets algaefied if not plenty of hungry cleaners. I have a small 40 Led i think over a 5.2 Mr. Aqua and experimenting with what plants do best. Ive been suprised by the Crypt.s. Gotta ^SubRosa FL Sunset :) in there, C.parva, anda rare C.undulata "scarlet?" and they responded very well. Anubias sprouted new leaves faster, but old leaves did get the dark hard ta clean algae. I had ta start experimenting for myself with LEDs and without even color ones most mosses and stuff went nutz under the intensity factor alone. Its very interesting to see how low light stuff like A.barteri does when transitioned froma T8 to LED :)

fires 008.jpg fires 011.jpg

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Moss & Rotala love LEDs. Crypt.s too. Anubias gets algaefied if not plenty of hungry cleaners. I have a small 40 Led i think over a 5.2 Mr. Aqua and experimenting with what plants do best. Ive been suprised by the Crypt.s. Gotta ^SubRosa FL Sunset :) in there, C.parva, anda rare C.undulata "scarlet?" and they responded very well. Anubias sprouted new leaves faster, but old leaves did get the dark hard ta clean algae. I had ta start experimenting for myself with LEDs and without even color ones most mosses and stuff went nutz under the intensity factor alone. Its very interesting to see how low light stuff like A.barteri does when transitioned froma T8 to LED :)
Glad it's doing well for you Brandon! It just sat for months in my tank, not dying but not growing either.

vequalsir

AC Members
Jul 7, 2008
Cleveland, OH
www.sayresaves.com
Real Name
Tom Trautman
I havent had that issue, but I did see it mentioned in reviews on Amazon.

I am dying to know if they really use Cree LEDs and whether the specs they list are true, since according to one reviewer its a chinese product and they are not affiliated with Cree. :confused:
crack one of the bulbs open. it looks like the face plate of the bulb is just screwed on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store