lethargic green spotted asian pufferfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

puffer boy

AC Members
Apr 19, 2007
New Jersey
Well, figured out the problem... eel was slowly dying, filling tank with ammonia and making water extremely cloudy (this is why 2 water changes had no effect)... which, in turn, was killing everything else in the aquarium... eel finally expired this evening... when he was removed I changed the water one last time... all seems to be well now... puffers gaining strength again and water is staying nice and clear... what a frustrating way to spend a birthday... Thank you all for your advice.

Sincerely,
Eric

Germanman

My fish are my babies
Well, figured out the problem... eel was slowly dying, filling tank with ammonia and making water extremely cloudy (this is why 2 water changes had no effect)... which, in turn, was killing everything else in the aquarium... eel finally expired this evening... when he was removed I changed the water one last time... all seems to be well now... puffers gaining strength again and water is staying nice and clear... what a frustrating way to spend a birthday... Thank you all for your advice.

Sincerely,
Eric
sorry to hear about ur eel...thats always sad
Just got the feeder fish advice... thank you for this as well... they will be excluded from their diet... back to black worms again
also try krill, silversides and squid they should love it.

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
Sorry for the loss of your eel.

puffer boy

AC Members
Apr 19, 2007
New Jersey
thank you all for your sympathy and good advice... lesson learned... hope this can help anyone else out there who's thinking of getting an eel, make sure you have ample filtration, and of course don't overload your environment... I knew better but thought I could make it work... guess not... at one eels expense... very bummed and won't do that again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store