LFS in your area.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Longinus

American Eel
Mar 18, 2007
midwest
Milwaukee, WI
--Hoffers tropical life pets - haven't been but have heard good things
--Aqua Exhibits - interesting selection, livestock is often in poor health. They do however have some neat moray eels and nurse sharks (these guys seem in great health, too bad they cant provide the same for their smaller specimens)
--Aquatics Unlimited - Great selection, though I haven't been there for marine their FW was great and the staff friendly and helpful. http://www.bestfish.com/index.html

Madison, WI
--Aquarium Superstore - Decent selection, friendly and typically healthy livestock.
--Living Art Aquarium - Great store, small, but not lacking in quality livestock and I have yet to see a fish in this store that looks to be in anything but the best of health. If your ever in madison, stop by and shop around, you are sure to get a healthy animal
--Aquatic Specialties - Another great store, thought not quite as good as living art their selection of SW tends to be larger.
Both Living Art and Aquatic Specialties are involved with the local reef club and are kind enough to give discounts to local reefers on occasion.

Anyway, not sure if anyone else is Wisconsin, but both the big cities have some good stores.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
Good
Aquatic Obsessions. On St. George Ave in Avenel, New Jersey. Great guys/Good prices/Bad salesmen (they talk me out of everything - it's a good thing because if they didn't I would have had made some bad choices.) I guess that makes them good business men.
didn't this place just open up?

Good
Pet Shanty. On Route 22 west, Scotch Plains, New Jersey. Great guys/Good prices/alright salesmen. They have a big selection of wild caughts, cichlids, killies, SW.

Good
Shark Aquarium. On Route 22 west, Hillside, New Jersey. Things are ok here though I don't believe there isx a huge selection of fish but there are a few... I found it mainly to be predatory fish and sw things.

Good
Aaron's Aquariums. On Stuyvesant Avenue, Union, New Jersey. Great guy/ok prices. They have a big selection of SW and cichlids, some other tropicals. They have a lot of plants too. Ecery time I go in there, there is a water change going on.

Frank the Tank

AC Members
Apr 13, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm new to the game, and I think I the only person in Colorado on this forum...but just in case someone else sneaks a peak, these are my thoughts:

Todd's Tropical Fish: - Great place. A little more pricey than others, but I have found honest and exuberant help. I'm new at SW and they have never tried to oversell me or treat me like an idiot!

Neptune's: - Better prices than Todd's and a very nice store. I buy my water and LR from them. Their tanks are nice, but my feeling is that they are snoby towards new hobbiests. They answer questions without explination. Once I have a handle on my tank, I think they will be more helpful, but until then I will shop and Todd's

There are a few more in the area that I still need to check out. Here is a link to someone else's opinions....http://www.artful-dodger.com/fish/lfs.html

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
didn't this place just open up?
quote]

Not sure... you're in the area sorta so go check them out ... it's a smaller shop but really clean and worth a 15 minute drive.
I went there.... well, tried to amazingly enough, two weeks ago and it seemed as though they were just getting in a shipment and were not yet open. When were you there last?

NapoliNewJersey

-=o=-l-=o=-l-=o=-l-=o=
Mar 14, 2007
web.mac.com
I went there.... well, tried to amazingly enough, two weeks ago and it seemed as though they were just getting in a shipment and were not yet open. When were you there last?

I was just there this afternoon, and yesterday. Yesterday I picked up RO water for my substrate changeover from crushed coral/sand to sand only. And today I was there to place an order for 5 Blue/Green Reef Chromis'. He's gonna get them on Sunday and I'll pick them up Monday. I would have ordered online but the shipment comes at 8am usually and I'm at work so I can't be here to aclimate them. So I'd rather order thru them and pick them up when I can.

They open at 12:00 usually and they are there until 8:00 on Sat and Sun they open earlier.

pistolpete3521

AC Members
Mar 16, 2008
Indian Trail, NC
Fintastic:

2135 Ayrsley Town Boulevard,
Charlotte NC 28273

(704) 525 0049

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store