1. Please double check and update your email address --> http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/index.php?account/contact-details

LFS in your area

Discussion in 'General Freshwater' started by Needeles, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Needeles

Needeles AC Members

If you know of a good fish shop in your area post it here. This will allow others to find some good shops from all around the world hopefully. Try to use the guidelines below for posting if you can.

Shop Name
    Address
    Phone #
    Website
    Hours
    Any non disruptive opinions about the shop

If it is a chain store try to list the store number as some are really good while others, well shouldn't even be open.

Let see how long we can get this list.

Thanks to BloodThirsty28 for bringing up the idea. I'm not sure why this has not been done yet but it is a good idea.

EDIT: I noticed a lot of people bringing up concerns about organization. If you would like to search for a specific area, use the "search this thread" function at the top of the page. :)

-J double R

#1 Needeles, Sep 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2007
  2. fishcatch22

fishcatch22 The Picotoper

the reef
    600 E. northern lights (the mall at sears)
    907-344-8944
    www.thereefalaska.com
    9am-9pm M-F, 9am-7pm saturday, 9am-6pm sunday.
    great little LFS with an amazingly diverse selection for it's size. easiliy the best LFS in alaska. knowlegeable staff, never sell fish to people who can't take care of them.(P.S. great thread idea, neddeles! :)

#2 fishcatch22, Sep 16, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  3. Needeles

Needeles AC Members

PetSmart Store # 1506
    9342 State Road 16
    Onalaska, WI 54650
    608-781-5510
    www.petsmart.com
    Mon-Fri 8am-9pm
    Sat 8am-7pm
    Sun 8am-7pm

This is the only LFS in my area I go to. They seem to do a good job taking care of the fish and most of the people working in the fish department know what they are talking about. They seem to care as they always ask what tank setup a person has then they give good advice as to what will and will not work in a tank. They have a 14 day return policy if your fish die, they will also allow you to go over that by a couple days.

4. kjf91004

kjf91004 AC Members

Thompson's True Value & Variety Store
    31 E Clairemont Ave
    Eau Claire, WI 54701
    715-834-1239

Just a small "mom and pop" kind of operation. Takes great care of his fish. Specialiizes in knowing where to get "custom" stuff. Excellent prices on tanks, hoods, and stands.

5. 5TankHarmony

5TankHarmony Trichogaster Trichopterus

Nolan's Aquarium Superstore
    2400 US 92 E.
    Lakeland, FL 33801
    (863) 667-3500

One of the largest aquarium/fish stores in central Florida, with a huge selection of f. and s. water fish, plus live coral,anemones,starfish; live plants, freshwater rays, and a massive amount of aquariums, both stock and custom made. Great service, knowledgeable staff, good prices and healthy fish. I have never been to a better LFS.

6. Dangerdoll

Dangerdoll Global Moderator
    Staff Member

Cori
    The Pet Shanty Inc.
    2507 U.S. Highway 22
    Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
    info@petshanty.com
    sales@petshanty.com
    http://petshanty.com/
    Phone: 908-889-8262 | Fax: 908-889-0803
    Monday–Friday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    Saturday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
    Sunday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

This is my favorite pet shop in the area. The people are pretty knowledgable, and I've been going there for years. There was only one time that their advice was questionable that I know of. They have a great selection of freshwater fish, saltwater fish and rock and critters, and all you need, they have tankbusters in their own room, they have wild stock of angel, and other cichlids and they have a bunch of killies, all sorts of stuff. Their tanks are typically clean and well cared for and the maintenance level is pretty good. They don't have a wide selection of meds and all that but their livestock selection is far and wide.

7. hondamx

hondamx AC Members

8. iktomiwicasa

iktomiwicasa AC Members

Caesar's

Caesar's Tropical Fish Factory
    1648 Piner Road
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    (707) 546-7456

A fish-only operation. Caesar is a dedicated aquarist who is commited to promoting the hobby of fish keeping, and most of his employees are knowledgable fishkeepers. If they have doubts about a customers ability/facility to keep a particular fish (i.e too small tank ect.), they won't make a sale. Good healthy stock that turns over rapidly, and if they don't have it, they can get it.

9. fballguy

fballguy yum

Pet Pourii
    7027 Evergreen Way Everett, WA
    (425) 348-9085
    none
    8 am to 9 pm
    Pretty diverse selection of fish. Almost always have some sort of rare fish. All tanks are well taken care of, very clean. Each tank has its own filtration, no centralized system so if disease shows up it stays isolated. Prices are a little high, but its worth it for the only good fish store in town.

10. karna68

karna68 Go Bucks!