Lonely Glo-fish suddenly aggressive!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Urnesha

AC Members
Feb 7, 2008
Hey guys,

So my tank seems to be doing fine now (after the ich stuff) though one more molly died on Monday. She was looking poorly since last week though and I'm surprised she lasted as long as she did.

My new concern is my Glo-fish. I started off with 4 in the tank. Three have since died so I have one left. He/She was the biggest of the bunch. So now the tank has 7 mollies and 1 Glo-fish. The Glo-fish is suddenly behaving rather aggressively to the Mollies. Chasing one then the other around the tank.

Suggestions? I know Glo-fish prefer schools but it's a 20-gallon so i don't want to add anymore fish. :(

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
20g is enough for a couple (2-3) more glofish or regular danios..it def needs others or it will harass your mollies

Urnesha

AC Members
Feb 7, 2008
Hmm.. I'm torn cause I don't like the color clash of the glo-fish with the mollies but he will not be any happier in either of my other tanks. I guess I'll have to get him some company.

Thanks for responding!

KarlTh

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
you can always bring him back to your LFS.

glofish like to chase each other around...without any other glofish in the tank, he'll start chasing the mollies
The Glofish doesn't know he's not just a regular zebra danio, so if you prefer, you could always get some more regular zebras.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store