Looking for help on a 55gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PaulieB

AC Members
Jan 12, 2010
Buffalo NY
Hey guys just recently got a 55 gallon that I've wanted for soo long!!!! :) :) I really want a Black Ghost Knife Fish soo bad. It's like my dream.. almost like an obsession on how bad I want one hahaha (I have a life don't worry). I understand that they get back and eventually it will out grow my tank, but I want one. I just was wondering on what kind of fish could go well with one? I was thinking a couple Bala Sharks and those see thru Glass Catfish, but I'm not sure if they will be okay? I want the tank to be centered around the BGK so any input would be great! Also what tank heater, in your opinion, is the best one? My girlfriend's mother said Jager is highly recommended.

P.S. I already know how to cycle a tank and do testing and all that.

kingken

AC Members
Apr 18, 2010
Hey there,I had a clown knife back in the day, and it seemed to be fine with anything too big to fit in its mouth =)

teij_tseng

AC Members
Mar 25, 2010
Also keep in mind that black ghost knifefish are nocturnal so you probably won't be seeing him much with the lights on. With that in mind, it will be rather tricky trying to meet that need and at the same time, build a tank that revolves around something that you won't see most of the time. Good luck with the tank though!

Sawyer

AC Members
Apr 24, 2009
Balas would outgrow your tank too quickly. Glass catfish may work but they'd probably eventually get eaten by the BGK.

Jerzboi

AC Members
Jan 13, 2009
Pine Level, NC
Real Name
Brad
BGK is a pretty awesome fish! Be sure that you have plenty of hiding space for it though. You could get a type of Cichlid to go in your tank or an Anglefish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store