Lots of bubbles in the gravel?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stezatois

AC Members
May 11, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
hehe i get round this situation but having plecos that never stop digging and mts... wht there are left after the loaches are done with eating them

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Guys, just wanted to point out that this exact same problem often happens with sand unless it is kept stirred (either manually or with snails like MTS). Sand in and of itself won't rule out this problem any more than gravel.

Grannylvsfish- would it be possible for you to do deeper (not necessarily more frequent) gravel vacs? Or, how about using a wooden rod, like the kind you can get at Lowe's, to stir up the gravel every couple of days?

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
Guys, just wanted to point out that this exact same problem often happens with sand unless it is kept stirred (either manually or with snails like MTS). Sand in and of itself won't rule out this problem any more than gravel.

Grannylvsfish- would it be possible for you to do deeper (not necessarily more frequent) gravel vacs? Or, how about using a wooden rod, like the kind you can get at Lowe's, to stir up the gravel every couple of days?
I go to the bottom, but Im thinking it may be when I refill, bubbles get trapped :) thanks

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
No need to be rude to someone who's trying to help you... You stated in your post that you do a "cleaning job" twice a week, not necessarily that you gravel vac twice a week.
Not being rude at all, in fact Im never rude. Just stating to read post again ! ( and that was not rude either :lol:
and I gravel vac every time :)

Fish.Addict

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
It's completely normal. They are just air bubbles. It happens a lot to me when I put water into my tank. If you pour the new water closer to the surface, you won't usually get as many. They usually float to the surface eventually.

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
um guys read my post again !
I clean my tank 2 times a week, do gravel vacs every time ( to the bottom thru the gravel to the glass.
I do 50% 2 times a week. that's what was so freaky. but I did add more gravel 2 weeks ago, to make the bed deeper for plants.
You said you cleaned it. You didn't say you vacuumed. I can do a water change without vacuuming the gravel.

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
You said you cleaned it. You didn't say you vacuumed. I can do a water change without vacuuming the gravel.
hummm does this not say I go thru the gravel?? if it was misunderstood then Im sorry, but I posted " I always go thru the gravel to clean"
I did a cleaning job on my 10 gallon ( do it 2 times a week) but today there were lots of bubbles from under the gravel... are these gas pocket? my tank water actually smelled like methane so Im assuming yes its gas pockets. its weird, I never have these, but also noticed them in my 29 last week. I always go thru the gravel to clean, whats up with these air bubbles?
Any ways no harm my fish are fine :) thanks all for your input.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store