Low Fin Yellow Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

quantim0

Go Packers!!
Feb 19, 2002
Westfield, NJ
dude, i think your fish is broken. :( i think that fish had some serious dietary defficiencies somewhere previously in his life. i think a vitamin C deficiency causes those deformities in fish to develop. i've seen a few cases that like and they all on tangs, a lot of hippo tangs. there's nothing you can really do at this point except make sure that he's eating properly to aviod any further problems. also it looks like he was beat up at the same time and was so damaged that he's not able to regrow his fins.

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Agreed. Definitely a run-of-the-mill yellow tang that just took a lot of abuse. Never thought I'd ever write this, but the LFS is correct on this one. :cool:

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
Well that stinks, poor guy =( He looked like that when my buddy bought him 9 years ago... Ohwell, least I can tell my LFS the true story now...

Dale W.

Formerly known as "Reefscape"
Oct 7, 1998
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii
www.TheKOR.org
I would have to agree on the Yellow tang being deformed in a way. I have seen plenty of yellows look like this but usually all the fins are short. They never really do re generate either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store