M. praecox

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
Heyya folks. Has anyone ever had any luck with praecox rainbows? I'm setting up the 55 to be an Asian community tank, and I think 6-8 praecox would add alot of color without costing me alot (the only rainbows around here under $9). Tank currently includes 7 giant danios, thinking about 2-3 clown loaches, maybe 10 or so harlequin rasboras, and maybe a smaller school of white clouds. Nothing fancy. pH around 8.2, water around 79 or so, etc. Thanks for the responses. Been awhile....

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
I think the neon rainbows would be a great addition for your set up - I currently have a 75g asian tank with rainbows, loaches, barbs, etc. and it has worked out well - very active and relatively peaceful. I have had the neon rainbows in the past and they are nice fish. Enjoy!

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Yeah they are a great fish! Mine spawned without me knowing it. I thought they were doing "the dance" (swimming side by side, flashing their fins) but didn't see much come of it. Suddenly there's a couple youngins swimming around. :dance2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store