Mad Kuhli!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DeeDeeK

Seeker of Piscean Wisdom
Apr 10, 2009
San Francisco
My loaches do that sometimes. Its just a loach thing. I read that it has something to do with the weather and way back when sailors would keep them on their ships and when the loaches were acting crazy then a storm was coming.
Were those Weather Loaches that sailors kept? Seems like a good reason they might be called Weather Loaches.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Yep, and those are the ones I have. I love them but they are trouble makers.

BubbleE1

AC Members
Feb 8, 2010
They'll do that for a couple minutes when you turn on and shut off the lights i heard. never heard of them doing ti randomly though

DeeDeeK

Seeker of Piscean Wisdom
Apr 10, 2009
San Francisco
As mysteriously as it started, it stopped. Now my kuhlis (just 2 of 'em I'm sorry to say) act at ease, are out much during the day, and do this weird thing where they swim pressed together and flutter their caudal fins like mad. It looks like mating or spawning behavior!!!!!

In the before time, the kuhlis were random and when they weren't being crazy they hid constantly.

Donna F

Registered Member
Aug 20, 2009
I have six in a 20 g, and they do this regularly. I love these psychedelic psychos.

DeeDeeK

Seeker of Piscean Wisdom
Apr 10, 2009
San Francisco
Psychedelic psychos! Indeed they are!:hypnotized:

I couldn't get any blackworms for a while and they seemed to be on hunger strike until i got more. Then they ate a MONTH'S worth in two days and started courtship/mating behavior, which they'd stopped doing for a while, like crazy now though!. They've got the fattest bellies I've EVER SEEN on fish!!!! It's kinda gross, but cute. Now I gotta get more durn worms!

dtd87

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
My yo yos do the same thing. Then they just sit on the bottom of the tank or hide in there driftwood. It's normal =)

DeeDeeK

Seeker of Piscean Wisdom
Apr 10, 2009
San Francisco
My yo yos do the same thing. Then they just sit on the bottom of the tank or hide in there driftwood. It's normal =)
Frankly, I don't think ANYTHING kuhli loaches do is normal. They're from another dimension or something. I think hippies might smoke them. I might have in college but I can't remember.:y220d:

LiveMermaid07

Bloody Mary. As in, hand me one.
Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
Frankly, I don't think ANYTHING kuhli loaches do is normal. They're from another dimension or something. I think hippies might smoke them. I might have in college but I can't remember.:y220d:

:rofl:

All 5 of my khulis use to do this - at the same time -, scared my poor gourami speechless. She doesn't speak at all anymore. :grinyes:

(She use to think all the other fish were gouramis too, she knows the khulis can't be though, they're too crazy! LOL!)

:shark:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store