Mafia 100...The Witches return - sign-up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
FYI, as there are only 20 [AC] aliases, that should fill 'er up...
Ahhhh, I didn't realize that....I have a few messages out to some, haven't heard back from them (just sent them out today) Now I'll feel kinda bad :(

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
Well folks, here's what my plan is. I will be getting the names in the next couple days, figured I would get them then start getting everything together for the game and starting on next Friday (17th). That would give me time to get all the aliases and game ready to start. If there is anyone that would not be able to play because of the start date, please let me know so I can give your alias to someone else. Also, sorry I didn't realize (think about) the fact the number of aliases were limited LOL!!

Thank you all for signing up and I hope each and everyone of you play, please do not think I am saying that because I don't want someone who has signed up to play. :D

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
So I was wondering what everyone would think of me having a couple "back up" people. If some of the others I had messaged do contact me wanting in I could offer them a "back up" position, to help with UDs. If a player ends up UDing, or something comes up where they would need to withdraw from the game, instead of the role actually dying off, I could place a back up player in the role?

Lady G

Oct 6, 2005
WI
OK, then if I hear back from anyone I will see if they want to do that then :D

Count down.....

6 DAYS

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
So I was wondering what everyone would think of me having a couple "back up" people. If some of the others I had messaged do contact me wanting in I could offer them a "back up" position, to help with UDs. If a player ends up UDing, or something comes up where they would need to withdraw from the game, instead of the role actually dying off, I could place a back up player in the role?
Actually, I don't think that's a good idea... and it won't solve the problem, IMO.

We have a certain number of players who are habitual repeat UDers. (We all know who they are.) They really need to stop playing the game as it's obvious they don't care how much they screw up these games for others. They UD, act all embarrassed, say they're sorry, promise to try harder to stay in next time........ then they UD again. And again. It's idiotic.

Designating stand-by players to come into a game already in progress seems like a good solution, but doesn't help very much. The biggest downside is it sends a message that we have a back up already in case the eventual UDer lets us down... yet again. So, what.. it's okay for them to UD? We really need to go to these lengths to salvage a game underway for players who should not sign up in the first place? Not to mention, most mafia players really aren't inter-changeable like that. A substitute player regardless of role comes in fresh with no voting history, no established scum-tells, etc... So yes, it does keep the numbers intact for what that's worth. But it doesn't keep UDers from ruining a game in play.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
One more thing to consider on the subject of replacements for UD's. Normally if someone UD's, they are non-communicating innocents. Bringing in a new player to take the place of a UD will automatically establish a presumed innocence whether they are innocent or not, which can screw up the town again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store