Mafia #6.....The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
guys, not a big deal.... yes RB did help us out a little bit, but come on..... people quit on our side and you had 7 members.. thats pretty high.

All in all its not a big deal, its a game... you had us running for the hills if you could have just kept it together at the end of the game.....

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
I'm just not seeing how anyone was cheated. The clues clearly didn't help us out all that much. BKW was a toss up between being detective and don based on clues...everyone else was so hard to figure out and I was actually thinking Plantling was Mafia based on the whole "connected" clue. The first 3 mafia lynched were not even mentiond in the clues, they gave themselves away.

That last day when there was no hit is the only justifiable complaint. You guys should have been given your hit, but I don't think it would have mattered. By then we had ya'll pretty much figured out, and we only really used the clues to justify what we'd come up with via reading your posts (or lack thereof.)

I notice that NONE of the Mafia said OMG it's not fair, those poor townies they've lost several of their people because they quit. **** that sucks, now they are at a real disadvantage. But you didn't hear us complain about it, we just kept on fighting the good fight and hunting down the bad guys.
17 - 2 = 15

15 townies is still a good number, you were at no disadvantage

if the number was something like..10 townies - 7 mafia..then yeah..disadvantage

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
guys, not a big deal.... yes RB did help us out a little bit, but come on..... people quit on our side and you had 7 members.. thats pretty high.

All in all its not a big deal, its a game... you had us running for the hills if you could have just kept it together at the end of the game.....

we kept it together the entire game ;)

best group of mafa yet :D

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
The Game that just won't Die!

I really can't believe this is still being discussed and we haven't moved on. But since some have asked for additional clarification, here goes my final shot. If this doesn't suit you, we will just have to agree to disagree. :)

First of all, there were 3 Innocents who PM'd me to quit. Two met untimely deaths and the third rode a townies lynch train when he stopped posting and or the style of their posting.

Seems everyone wants to blame the clues as being why the Townies were winning and that I was partial or directing the game for a Townie win. You are entitled to your after game speculations, especially those of you who knew who the Innocents were, it is much easier to ride the clues with a single conclusion.

As I said before, a couple of folks commented to me before the game about the....

The Snitch will PM me a list of 4 names, their choosing, whenever I ask. At least one member of this list will be a Mafia member.These names will be worked into the night time story line.

..they suggested just a list. As I explained my intent, they seemed to agree with my plans. All of you could have posed the questions before the game or during the game, but it seems after the game is over, they dislike the rule or or how it was implemented. I never twisted anyone's arm to play. Well, maybe mee-mee's on getting her hubby to join....:). (didn't work though)

But then again, it is very evident that several folks never really read the rules. Wish I could have predicted that, though not sure I should be accused of being impartial for someone not knowing what I was going to do.

I have seen issues here of too many rules and to hard to understand them, and in the same breath..make the rules more definitive. Right.

The moderator is impartial; I use a random number generator, coin toss and pull a number from a bag. I also got to write the clues. A bit one side from a Mafia point of view, but if you go back and read the posts, they led to lots of opposing views to the Innocents.

As for negating the final mafia vote do to no vote from sploke...so be it. If I missed doing the same thing earlier in the game, that's a gain for you as mafia.

I wonder if everybody followed the rules....

..anybody post after death?
..anybody announce in the thread they quit?
..anybody go to another thread and discuss the game before it was over?
..anybody when dead still communicated to the mafia they were part of?
..anybody have serious problems with the rules but fail to discuss them with me via PM until the game is over and the winner declared?

I really feel I have been called a jerk, and in addition it was defined by some that my post was arrogant. It was never meant that way. It was an observation, since no one apparently had the issues until after the game was over and then the Monday morning quarterbacking starts. I guess another thing a mafia game moderator shouldn't do, is state their opinion.

Once again the snitch lists also seem to be a point of contention. For the day 3 (#2 snitch list) I actually got two from the snitch. The first was sploke, jensons, bkw, and ice. The second, sploke, jensons, bkw and mee-mee. After reviewing the entire thread and my notes, I erred and brought the first list over to my spreadsheet vice the second, and wrote the clues. I actually left ice out since he had been hit that night.

But that doesn't change the fact that the only three Mafia named by the snitch in the two lists were kotd, sploke and jensons. The snitch PM'd a third list before it was requested, and stated he would be out for the weekend. He submitted a 2/2 list of jpap/kotd and ogre/joander, but also stated if I required 3 mafia, to pull ogre and put in charlie. If I had used his third list, it would add 2 more mafia names out there, since I had decided the third list would have 3 mafia on it. But I wanted to just use the previous two lists and not add more mafia names out there. I picked plant to add to the list since they had also been mentioned before. By pulling from previous lists I was limiting how many mafia had been mentioned.

This third list was published night #4, the same night the Don learned who the detective was.

Well, that's enough rambling. If anybody has any other questions, please PM me. If it is just to argue the rules or restate what has already been posted please don't.

Thanks once again for a great and entertaining game!:dance:

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
JAG

Just A Game

Thanks for running it.

The mafia still rocked.

:headbang2:

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I think you did a great job, although I know i was just watching the whole time. It wasn't your fault that it went down at the end, I think it dragged on too long somehow and the thoughtful conversation/debate stopped, which killed it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store