makeshift QT....?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
QT no less than 6 weeks unless you want to risk introducing some unwanted something into the display tank.

RPetty

AC Members
Oct 14, 2007
houston, tx.
why is it that we qt for so long... is it so the ich has time to go through it's cycle?​

ChangDriX

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
515 Iowa
petco has a tank right now for like 40 bucks its a 12 gal, comes with light/hood HOB heater...i thought about picking one up for a qt i thought about it real hard you should check it out.

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
If you're doing 100% water changes frequently and cleaning the buckets so there's no place for the parasites to drop off and incubate in the substate, I'd say you're good.

That's the key to breaking the life cycle...you've got to remove the parasites when they want to incubate.

So, basically, it really depends on your procedures as to the time the fish should stay in the bucket.

RPetty

AC Members
Oct 14, 2007
houston, tx.
If you're doing 100% water changes frequently and cleaning the buckets so there's no place for the parasites to drop off and incubate in the substate, I'd say you're good.

That's the key to breaking the life cycle...you've got to remove the parasites when they want to incubate.

So, basically, it really depends on your procedures as to the time the fish should stay in the bucket.
Thanks, damon.

i change the water every other day and clean the buckets with fresh water. so far everything is working well... i prefer to use buckets instead of a seperate tank because my appartment is small and an extra tank would be hard to store while not in use. buckets i just stack on my balcony.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store