making a 30 gallon african cichlid tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I believe this is his thread....

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yep Fishfanatic this is Freddieclowncat's thread LOL..

Freddie none of those fish you just stated belong in a small aquarium unless their babies and then they should be fine for a bit til they get huge and they will and then you will need at the bare minimum a 125gal but i will say this if you are just going to keep one of these fish solo a 75gal would be ok, you have to remember what size these fish attain and their ease of turning around and swimming in the tank.. Good luck and keep up with the research remember google is your best friend as well on the web you can always ask google a question like this and you should get some info..

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
Thank you for the clarification, I made a mistake in my technical recognition of the fish. I appreciate you catching it.

Those are tropheus not demansoni.

Demasoni
View attachment 195626
Tropheus duboisi
View attachment 195627

Demasoni are really aggressive but very nice looking. They need to be in groups of 12+ or they kill each other down to 1.

The best dwarf mbuna for that size tank are pseudotropheus saulosi. Males are black and blue while females are bright yellow. It makes a nice species tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store