Making a whole basement a saltwater aquarium jungle.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CatLover

Rummy Nose Tetra Fanatic
Jan 4, 2006
Texas
One thing you do want to be aware of when dealing with large basement aquariums is the possibility of humidity problems affecting the ceiling. Basements can end up rather damp anyway- especially depending on what part of the world you end up in -just keep in mind the humidity factor.

GOOD LUCK!

GregAW

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Sacramento, CA, USA
I think you will end up with a full time job just keeping the tanks clean. The smaller the tank the more work they are. IMHO.

Jellymolly44

Handsome Fella
Jun 14, 2008
Louisville
Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'll keep everybody's advice in mind for I need some learning to do on my own.

slchurch

Registered Member
Aug 3, 2008
I hate to be negative, or burst your bubble in any way, but I've been in saltwater for 20 years now and to be honest here, you are living a dream that will never come true. I know, i'm a jerk for saying that but after doing all of this myself and having dreams that havn't come true, I think someone needs to put some light on the subject. THIS HOBBY IS EXPENSIVE, and that many tanks will take 24/7 to take care of. Dude you can have dreams about a house full of fish tanks be it freshwater of saltwater, but don't get your hopes up too high because when things don't come true for you it can be a real downer.
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

cellodaisy

AC Members
Jan 11, 2009
Cincinnati OH 45219
meganstrickland.com
That was my first thought too, slchurch. But then again...

How often do we try to reach a dream, fail, and think "man, I should never have even tried," versus how often we wistfully think of the path not taken and wish we had given it a go?

Yeah, probably the OP will have to scale things back. But maybe not. Maybe s/he will decide to set up a fish store instead of a fish house, so that s/he can make some money off the operation. Maybe s/he will win the lottery and be able to afford all the tanks s/he wants and a crew of tank-cleaning servants. Maybe s/he will find something else s/he loves even more and lose interest in fish altogether. Who knows?

Sometimes I think we tell ourselves that something can't be done so that we don't have to wrestle with the fact that we didn't try.

Not disagreeing with you, slchurch. Just sayin'... whatever it is you want, you might as well go for it. :)

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
I dream of looking at my mega millions lotto ticket every morning after the drawing and seeing I have all the numbers on 1 line and win millions.......I'm still waiting on that dream LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store