Making my 800 gal bigger.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishhh

AC Members
Dec 6, 2008
How will you view the fish if the back part is 26" deeper than the rest they may just choose to hide down there and you will never see them especially if you have any catfish:( maybe all the crud will build up in there too as it is much deeper than the rest. It is an amazing tank though i wish i had room for one that big!

Fishhh

AC Members
Dec 6, 2008
If you make the front deeper than the back you could have a nice little bit of aquscaping going on against the step from front to back if you get what i mean maybe even a natural filter bed from lava rock or something. Would look amazing

MonsterFishResc

AC Members
Mar 21, 2008
I'm not going to get into tearing apart the main structure of the tank... way too much work... Ideally the drop down would be nice in the front, but I kind of want the fish to have some privacy if they so choose. They will be fed in the usual place so I'll see them eventually. It's about the fishes comfort, and two huge breaks in line of site for them will be great. I'll try and do a scale drawing of the tank and the addition so people will be able to see the viewing trajectory of the addition...

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Awesome!

Are you going to plumb a drain into the lowest part of the addition? Do you think it would create enough of a weak spot that it should be put in the side at the bottom?

MonsterFishResc

AC Members
Mar 21, 2008

1oooop

int x; if {x>1} {std::cout
Jun 5, 2008
here, there, everywhere
game.uctrl.net
Real Name
Brandon
all I am going to say is NS(nice)!

I'm going to build acrylic someday... less that 800 gallons though... 200 gallons, just so it will fit into my house...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store