Male Community Beta?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
or you could just keep all the bettas that don't work out and have a bunch of 5 gallon tanks....... lol!

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I could do that as well (I will probably end up doing that.. but I like to pretend like I have self control)

running out of room!

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
i have had 3 male Betta's one at a time , in with my 90gal community and one in my 46 bow front with guppies and they were fine all of them, never a bit of aggression

owl

\m/ \m/
Jul 8, 2008
keep CLOSE eye on betta , as many said it depends on betta s personallity if he decide to attack them or not , but ,it s not the betta i m worry bout , it s the mollies and platies ... mollies and platies are bad nippers , they destroyed my corwn tail beautiful tails ...

AtlantisTreasur

AC Members
May 24, 2009
i have never heard of a male betta with other fish, i thought they were solitary bt i guess you can try it. i would watch him lcosely to make sure he doesn't eat hte other fish

krazeeboy

AC Members
May 20, 2009
i have a male betta in my tank with a GSP and 13 rummy nose tetra and 2 oct catfish they are fine he never attacked anyone

Hillary80

AC Members
May 25, 2009
I have a male betta in my community tank with an angelfish and a variety of tetras and there has never been a problem, I love having them in the tank; the betta and angel are the most interactive of the fish and are always in a race to be the first to rush to the top of the tank at feeding time.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
I've got a male betta in a tank full of endlers, no problems what-so-ever. Stay away from Gouramis and other Betta's obviously. Your mileage may vary, it really comes down the individual betta, but I think chances are good that it'll work out fine.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
I once listened to an LFS that told me I could keep a male betta with some male guppies. He shredded the guppies and I had to euthanize one of them. :( I would never recommend keeping a male betta with guppies because of that experience, even though I recognize that every fish is different. It's just too risky IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store