Managuense cichlid?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Roman09

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
So i managed to get the pics up. The first is was when i first got it. Notice the color and strip patterns. The other two are recent pics showing the color difference and no strip patterns

FIsh 1.jpeg Fish 2.jpeg fish 4.jpeg

Roman09

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
ya i started figuering it wasnt a jag when it wasnt getting its stripes and when i started getting that orangy color. All the jags were tiny at petsmart, im sure some got mixed up. The sales lady said she was going to give the biggest one since my other cichlids were larger. This whole time i was happy thinking about my jag getting colors. BUt turns out he not one :(

steakman

AC Members
May 16, 2009
Sorry to hear about your messed up, but that's a nice fish anyways.
A couple more pics of my 2 and 1/2 in. Jag

Roman09

AC Members
Apr 9, 2009
Sorry to hear about your messed up, but that's a nice fish anyways.
A couple more pics of my 2 and 1/2 in. Jag

This is a Female jag right? Ya i guess i can try calling petsmart and telling them that and see what they do. Honestly I dont really think these red devils are good looking. Ive seen some ugly a#$ ones!! lol.. mine doesnt look that bad, but then again its still pretty small. Actually growing pretty fast. Id still rather have a small male managuense..

steakman

AC Members
May 16, 2009
I have no idea if it's a female. The real color is a lot darker than the picture though.
I'd like to get a few more of them. A friend of mine has 4 of them, all are around 5-6 inches and very good looking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store