Microctenopoma fasciolatum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice looking fish at a great price!

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I feed shrimp pellets, aquarian flake, fd tubifex, and algae wafers to the tank, so they get whatever they want of that. Last night I dropped a little piece of market shrimp (was on my way to feed marble sleeper goby and RTC) in to see what they'd do with it. They went at it right away. They'd bite it then shake their heads to break off a little piece.

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
Cool -- I guess you can take the Leaf out of the Jungle, but you can't take the Jungle out of the Leaf. :)

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
Very cool find. How shy are these guys? I'd thought I'd read they were pretty outgoing which is rare for most of the family.

Is that true?

Nolapete

Monster Tank Builder
May 29, 2007
New Orleans, LA
They don't seem to be bothered by much. They aren't belligerent toward other fish or anything. Just kinda hang out with each other. The males bully each other a little and display.

I may have found a source for these and for some other ctenopoma if anyone is interested. Just waiting on a new list to see what's available.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store