Missouri Aquarium Society Annual

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
Nov 29, 2002
ST.Louis Area
Visit site
Well the show looked like a big success with lots of people present for the auction and lots of fish in the show!
There was cichlids, catfish, and tetra/barbs, and also an aquascaping contest! Fun stuff!

I missed the speakers because of my schedule and checked out the auction. I was hoping to see some C. nanoluteus, but no dice! If I pick some up at Chicago I may be the only guy in St.Louis with them!

I met up with some Internet friends and also talked to Steve Edie(ACA BOT) briefly. Nice guy! He is a fan of Mo's pics and videos! I was hoping to run into Ad Konings but he was long gone by the time I got there. I wish I would of had more time!(I'm such a bad planner!)

I took some pics of the show tables to show that there was plenty of display tanks and entries, but was rushed and did not get all the info...

Here is a pic of the Auction bags 1.5 hours after the auction started, so I am unsure how many bags were really there!!!

Here is some pics of the attendance at 2pm...

And here is some pics of the show fish/tanks...
Aquascaping...

A sweet catfish in the corydoras family...

And the cichlids....
Red terror male...

Discus...

Gymnogeophagus...

Red devil...

And Best in Show is a Geophagus....

I was only there about 1.5 hours but had a blast! I wish this club met on weekends instead of Thursday Night once a month. I have a hard time getting out there. :(

I hope everyone enjoyed my pics and what little knowledge I had for descriptions. Next time I will take notes. ;)
Rich

TheFanatic

AC Members
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
I'm pissed I missed this. I had planned on going but my wife and new born did not cooperate. The baby was due the 11th but didn't come till the 22nd when my wife was induced.

I was at the last auction in the winter. Got a couple J. Marleri that after purchase and subsequent breedings I learned were Transcriptus.

How was the African Selection at the Auction.

Funny thing about MASI, I went to one of these as a kid and actually showed one of my fish (got 4th out of 4!?!?!) but I got to not only hear Dr. Paul Loiselle give a speech on collecting fish in the Peruvian Amazon but he also sat next to me at my table for the banquet. This was a couple of years before he started writing for Aquarium Fish Mag.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store