"modular" sump build..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Morgadeth

AC Members
Sep 19, 2007
Ft Drum NY
Well, I'm racking my brain right now...

I can get one side to seal properly, but the other is leaking very slowly.
I'm still working on it though! I've glued the male side of the couplers into the box to eliminate one possible leak point. Somehow, I still get a slight leak on the other side! I have a gasket between the two boxes, and a gasket on the inside of the female side. Still, it drips! Only on one of the two spillways, though.

I've added a little plumber's grease to the gaskets to try and generate a better seal, and it looks to have aided slightly. As soon as I can come up with a feasable solution, I'll post my results.

I am NOT defeated yet!!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
I tried doing what you are doing with two 50gal rubbermaids one time a while back. I ended up using shower drains (basically a large bulkhead fitting) and cementing them together. Its going to be difficult to get a reliable seal the way you are doing it, but it can be done. I would have tried to space them out a little bit more under the stand and run bulkheads with a true-union ball valve between them. Good luck with it.

Morgadeth

AC Members
Sep 19, 2007
Ft Drum NY

kcress

AC Members
Apr 9, 2005
Attaboy. Can't beat the price either - compared to bulkheads.

BTW: I know the feeling. "It should just work."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store