Mollys sitting on bottom

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rowangel

I like fish with tarter sauce
Jan 20, 2006
Champaign, Illinois
gnielsen1964 said:
Does anyone have any recomendations for internal parasites? I am beginging to wonder if they have the begining stages of dropsy, as there was a female dwarf gourami in the original 20 gallon that died and was "pineconed", but this was like 2-3 months ago. On a side note, none of the other fish in the 20 gallon seem to be acting any different, thankfully. I'm just glad I was able to seperate them out.
Hum, defiantly sounds like internal parasites, some fish can have them for months before they start to show signs. They can be fine one day and dead the next, it just all depends on how your fish handles it. Sounds like your gourami had it and now your mollys are showing signs of it. Also, all your fish, whether showing signs or not, have been exposed and will also need to be treated. They too most likely have it so if you treat just the mollys then reintroduce them to the main tank, they will just get it again.

Doesn’t sound like you where treating for internal parasites but for bacteria/fungus infection, most likely you used Melafix. I don’t remember what I used, but most stores will carry something to treat for parasites. I wouldn’t bother with anything that the fish would have to eat because most fish won’t touch it and become fussy eaters when they are sick. Mine wouldn't touch the stuff - even if they did eat it, you could never be sure that each fish got enough to make a difference. Look for something to treat the tank instead, that way you know each fish is being treated and you won't have to worry about a relapse. Keep us updated and I hope your fish get better!

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store