Mucus on my clown

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarthFred6996

AC Members
Mar 13, 2007
Freshwater dip the guy for a few minutes until he shows signs of stress then put him back in the tank. I had the same problem and this cured mine up.

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
Well i FW dipped my guy twice..

He was in the blueish water because of the Rid-Ich+, and so i dipped him for 5 minutes...

Then put him back in the blueish QT..

30mins later... FW dipped him again...

This time for about 25 minutes.. A well written article about FW dips said you can even go an hour...

While he was in the FW dip, i changed the water in the QT so now he doesn't have any Rid-Ich+ in there.. I didn't want him to be treated with meds while i was gone...

Well hes back in the QT and not looking soo hot... Hes just laying on the bottom breathing really hard... He is kinda scooting along the bottom...

Hes probably super stressed right now...

I leave here to go home for a 3 day weekend here in 4 hours...

What would you guys recommend i do for food in the QT and in the display? There is 1 clown in each...

ooja3k

AC Members
Jul 3, 2007
San Luis Obispo
ya...

ive read that fish are fine for at least a week without food so im not worried there..

i just didn't want him sitting in a heavily medicated tank for 3 days while i'm not here...

hes doing ok... his breathing is really rapid, but it has been since i got him... hes probably just stressed out of his mind...

my qt is as follows:

10gal topfin aquarium
1 - stealth 50watt heater..
1 - aquaclear 50 hob filter rated for tanks 30-50 gallons or something.. good water movement though...
2 of my drink glasses... didn't have time to hit home depot...

well basically im going to keep my fingers crossed and we will see what happens...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store