Mushroom coral?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Is there anything you would suggest instead of a mushroom? (low lighting, and low-medium current)
Green Star P, Kenyan Tree, Devils hand, ect.

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
I've found mushrooms and polyps to b easy to care for. Once they in their preferred location, they seem to multiply like crazy. Have noticed they can b pretty sensitive to temp change tho. Other than that, I've had good luck running under 4 T5's, and keeping salinity around 1.026

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I've found mushrooms and polyps to b easy to care for. Once they in their preferred location, they seem to multiply like crazy. Have noticed they can b pretty sensitive to temp change tho. Other than that, I've had good luck running under 4 T5's, and keeping salinity around 1.026

1.026 seems kind of high... What fish do you have?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dionysus

AC Members
May 30, 2007
Wisconsin
I've had specific gravity as high as 1.030 before (was away for couple weeks and alot of water evap) and corals were still thriving. But obviously not saying to run your level that high lol...1.025 seems to b the standard for reef. as for ? on how big mushrooms get, depends on type of shroom. most a silver dollar size before they split. But sum, like this 6" hairy shroom (if pic shows up), hav gotten 9" before splitting.

uploadfromtaptalk1349662711707.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store